What is Blocksure OS?
Simple . Efficient . Resilient
Blocksure is built with three words underpinning everything. Simple, Efficient, Resilient.
At Blocksure, we come to work every day because we want to solve some of the biggest challenges in the insurance industry. We believe there is a better way to build insurance products with the insured customers at the centre of everything whilst also providing the insurance supply chain with the tools to operate much more efficiently. Using cutting edge technology to simplify existing insurance processes to the essential requirements, Blocksure unlocks the potential for new and exciting insurance products.
The company was founded in 2016 with a strong belief that blockchain can provide the global insurance industry with a fundamental shift in how insurance is transacted and processed.
The starting point for the Blocksure team was to create a PoC to materialise the vision of how insurance can benefit from the application of blockchain technology. There are many desirable attributes provided by distributed ledger technology; Blocksure’s initial focus was the removal of the bordereau process.
After two years of development and testing, Blocksure went live with the first British blockchain platform for mainstream insurance with an insurer and broker. The first product is underwritten by insurance group Covéa Insurance and in partnership with broker Commercial and General.
We are excited to simplify insurance with our platform (Blocksure OS), education and community.
Blocksure story in numbers
– Founded in June 2016
– Jan 2017 – PoC Complete
– May 2017 – Market testing complete
– Sept 2017 – First order received
– Dec 2017 to Jan 2018 – replatformed from Quorum to Corda due to better data privacy, good fit with our tech stack and the rapid progress made by R3 in building the platform.
– Nov 2017 – Digital Risks – Blocksure voted one of five favourite startups – https://www.digitalrisks.co.uk/blog/5-of-the-best-insurtech-startups
– May 2018 – PwC Scale Programme – Selected as one of the nine brightest international InsurTechs (link)
– July 2018 – First product launched with UK broker & insurer